PSSST!...MANAGER TIPS FOR MAXIMIZING THE AMOUNT PAID FOR YOUR BIN:
- Place item neatly in your container with a lid that closes. Wrinkled items will always be passed up.
- Make sets easy to identify. A set consists of items of the same brand and size
- Limit items in your bin to only your best items. Please, don't dump all of your items into a giant bin and hope for us to dig until we find your treasures. The longer we spend on a bin, the less profitable it is to us. We just cannot afford to spend more than 20 minutes on a bin. Therefore we will likely take very few items if any out of a large messy bin.
- Wash all items including outerwear. Outerwear is a hot seller and we pay well for it... if it is clean.
- If you purchased an item for less than $10 or so at a second hand store, Walmart, Target, Kohls... we likely will not take it. We cannot price an item at 50-75% less than what you paid for it and still make a profit.
- NO PET HAIR. We have to be mindful of our customers with allergies.
- Call ahead to make sure your particular items are needed. There are certain sizes that we always want and some days we are low on particular items... and then at times we so much of a certain size/item that we couldn't take another item... and the items needed changes... alot!!!
Please take note:
We only pay STORE CREDIT FOR BUYS BROUGHT IN DURING THE MONTHS OF JANUARY AND JUNE.
The following policies are to ensure a high quality and consistent shopping and selling experience for our customers.
For this to occur:
- Please bring no more than 1 tote/box WITH A LID THAT CLOSES at a time. Bags, baskets, boxes without closing lids... will not be accepted.
- It typically takes us several days to get through your bin. So you will be dropping the items off with us to review.
- If you would like to take the unchosen items back, please pick them up within 2 days of the date indicated in the upper right hand corner of our buy sheet, or they will be donated to a charity chosen by Little Britches.
- We WILL NOT be able to call you, so please understand that the unchosen items will need to be picked up or will be donated within 48 hours of the date given by our staff.
- Please do not hesitate to call ahead if you have questions about the items you are thinking about bringing to us. For example: Larger items are very space consuming and we may not have room for your crib... But we might have space too! So, please call us! 303-404-0555
- **Make sure to complete and sign a Buy Sheet (ask associate for one) and make sure we put your full name on your tote/box to ensure we know to whom the clothes/toys/equipment belong.
- DAYS THAT WE WILL NOT TAKE ANY BUYS ARE SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY. This is so that we may focus on getting our newest items hung for an exciting shopping experience.
- Methods of Payment: We usually buy items out right. That means that you do not have to wait for your items to sell in order to get paid but it does take us several days to get through your items and get you a quote for the value. We rarely are able to sort through items and pay out on the same day. (some items will be offered as consignment, ask us about that if you are looking to sell larger or higher end items.) We pay in either Store Credit or Cash. However, the months of January and June we will ONLY BE PAYING OUT STORE CREDIT. NORMAL CASH OR STORE CREDIT WILL RETURN IN FEBURARY and JULY.
- You do get a better price by at least 25% if you decide to settle out for strore credit.
Items we will consider buying:
- Name brand (new and used) children’s clothes from sizes newborn/preemie to size 16/18
- Children’s shoes
- Maternity clothes/equipment in all sizes
- Children’s Toys and Equipment (high chairs, strollers, bouncers, rockers, walkers, etc.) Please call first if you are bringing in large furniture type items to ensure that we are in need and have space for the items.
- Miscellaneous items (books, belly bands, school/sports uniforms, etc.)
Keep in mind: For safety reasons, we DO NOT accept or sell any recalled items (voluntary or mandatory), car seats, crib wedges (positioners) or bumpers- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Children's Resale/Maternity Clothes MUST be:
- In storage totes, or secure boxes with lids that close- NO BAGS. Please arrange items neatly in bins.
- Freshly laundered (NO stains, odors, pet hair, rips/tears)
- Not listed on any recall list, including the Government Recall List: http://www.cpsc.gov
Children's Resale Toys/Equipment MUST:
- - Not be listed on any recall list, including the Government Recall List:http://www.cpsc.gov
- - Be less than 5 years old
- - Be freshly laundered (NO stains, odors, rips/tears)
- - In good working condition with all parts and pieces (balls, little pieces, etc.)
** All buys are at the discretion of Little Britches staff based on the standards and needs of the store.
As stated we do take all seasons all year. However, because our storage space is limited we will not take the following brands during the off-season and in very limited quantities all year:
- Target Champion
- Genuine Kids
- Old navy
- Liz lange
Brands we will not purchase at anytime:
- Faded Glory
- Joe Boxer
- Wonder Kids
- Jumping Beans
If you have any questions, please ask a member of the Little Britches Kids Resale Team!